Chair of Trustees search
8 June 2019
Since its launch in 2005, Aurora Orchestra has established itself amongst the most creative and engaging forces in classical music. We are seeking a dynamic and inspiring new Chair of Trustees to lead our board as we continue to build on a trajectory of artistic and organisational growth: further developing our flourishing London residencies at Kings Place and Southbank Centre; extending our calendar of national and international touring activity; and expanding our creative digital output. Recognising the extraordinary potential of our distinctive artistic approach to reach beyond a traditional classical audience – both within and beyond the concert hall – we aim to establish Aurora as the world’s leading producer of a distinctive new brand of ‘Orchestral Theatre’.
- establishing the orchestra on a more mature financial footing (including achieving long-term targets to grow and diversify income streams and build reserves), allowing the organisation to plan with greater ambition and confidence;
- reinforcing the orchestra’s non-executive team and governance practices, building a world-class board with the skills, experience and diverse backgrounds needed to drive the organisation to the next level of success.
Applicants will need to show evidence of a background in strategic planning and successful organisational leadership; a track record of fundraising from private and/or public sources; and relevant senior non-executive experience, including ideally as chair. Essential requirements for the role also include:
- a passion for the arts and commitment to Aurora’s mission and values;
- outstanding communication skills and the ability, desire and time to be a committed and influential advocate for Aurora, promoting our vision and mission both internally and externally in a range of public and private settings;
- extensive personal and professional networks, and a willingness to mobilise these in support of Aurora’s work.