Step inside the Green Leaf Forest to tightrope walk across a dancing river, tame a furry lion cub and make music with some very rascally frogs. Embark with Pepper the mischievous monkey on his adventures to join the Rainbow Circus.
This immersive storytelling concert features new chamber arrangements of Schumann’s music and an original story from Kate Wakeling, critically-acclaimed poet and Aurora Writer-in-Residence. Audiences are invited to listen, sing, dance and enter a magical world of music, discovery and play. For children aged 0–5 and families, featuring music from Schumann’s Carnaval, Kinderszenen, and other works.
Patxi del Amo storyteller
Principal Players of Aurora Orchestra
- Sun 10 February (Kings Place): 10.30am, 11.30am, 12.30pm
- Sat 16 February (Kings Place): 10am, 11am, 12pm, 1.30pm
- Sun 17 February (Kings Place): 10am, 11am, 12pm, 1.30pm
- Mon 18 February (Southbank Centre): 10am, 11am, 12.30pm, 1.30pm
- Tue 19 February (Southbank Centre): 10am, 11am, 12.30pm, 1.30pm
- Sun 24 February (Kings Place): 10am, 11am, 12pm, 1.30pm
Part of our Far, Far Away series at Kings Place and Imagine Children’s Festival at Southbank Centre. All Southbank Centre shows will be held in the Level 5 Function Room, Green Side in the Royal Festival Hall.
Far, Far Away is generously supported by Kings Place Music Foundation, the Ernest Cook Trust, Four Acre Trust, the Aurora Patrons & Friends, and everyone who kindly supported Aurora’s Big Give Christmas Challenge in 2017.